Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Something to Smile About...

A bit more humor...

She kept turning the bracelet on her wrist and looked up at him, her eyes a little sad.  "I remember so clearly the day my mother gave me this.  It was the most beautiful day in my life, even though when my parents announced I was going to participate in a debutante ball, I was horrified."
"Why?" he asked.  "I thought all women loved all that frippery."
Gabriela gave him a sardonic grin.  "You don't know much about exiled Cuban parents, do you?"
"Afraid not."
"To give you a modest example, the month before my debut, my friend Anita was given hers.  She made her grand entrance from a fifteen-foot, fake clam shell."
Richard almost choked on his whiskey.  "You're putting me on."
"Nope..."

No comments:

Post a Comment